Parking & Transit
Parking on/near UNC Campus
There are several options for parking on or near campus during the conference (some local hotels offer shuttle service–ask when you book your room):
- Several parking lots/decks can be found around Rosemary Street and are a 13-minute walk to the Student Union. View map and other details here.
- Rams Head Parking Deck ($1.50/hour; cash/credit accepted). View map here.
- For more info about parking in Chapel Hill, please see this link.
- PLEASE NOTE: Street Parking along South Road ($1.50/hour, metered; quarters only; time limited) may or may not be available during the conference, depending on other university events.
There are several options for those who do not wish to drive to campus.
- Complimentary Campus Shuttles are offered by many hotels, including Aloft Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill University Inn, and the Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel. Advance notice is usually required and service is sometimes reduced during the weekends.
- Chapel Hill Transit also provides bus transportation throughout the community, free of charge. It is a good idea to check the route and schedule ahead of time, as frequency often varies depending on time-of-day. Click here for more information about Chapel Hill transit. Once you have found the appropriate route, the website also includes a Nextbus application which uses GPS to predict the next arrival on any given route.